Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chinese fortune sticks - writing idea

Bundles of these sticks were placed in jars and gently shaken until a few sticks stuck out above the rest, or fell out. Holding the can almost upright, shook gently until 1 or more sticks began to stick out above the others. They took them out, looked up your stick and read your fortune  there.

Real Chinese fortune sticks

Using a can and some craft sticks you can make your own.
Our Chinese fortune sticks!


But I made my own "fortune sticks". I used them as prompts for reading, speaking and writing with my older kids. Print, cut and laminate. You can place the "sticks" in a red jar. Let children shake the jar and pick the card that stick out the others. Ask children to read the card and speak (or write) about it.


Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie activity. I love your blog.

    Kathy sent me but I have been here before often.

    Julia
    jswork1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy sent me to your cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete